Berlin Action Plan on a New European Asylum Policy.
Berlin Action Plan on a New European Asylum Policy was launched during the international conference “For a new start in European asylum and migration policy. Civil society and municipalities are committed to a sustainable and unified policy” organized by Diakonie Germany, France terre d'asile and the Heinrich Böll Foundation in Berlin.
Five issues were identified by the signatories as priorities for a new European asylum and migration policy, which should be taken into account to meet the current migration challenges in Europe, while respecting human rights standards.
1. Compliance with EU Asylum Law;
2. Fresh start for the sharing of responsibilities;
3. EU-wide status for refugees;
4. Rescue at sea and temporary EU relocation programme;
5. Better accessible EU funding for civil society organizations and municipalities;
Over 30 organisations and municipalities, from 6 countries have signed this text. Read whole text: Berlin Action Plan on a New European Asylum Policy